Terms & Conditions
Our cakes are often ordered for weddings and celebrations for a specific date in the future and often the following year. We therefore request a non- refundable deposit so we can place your order on the production schedule for Wedding cakes and the balance in full will be payable 12 weeks before the delivery or collection date. For single celebration cakes we require payment in full two weeks before collection or delivery, larger orders may require a deposit or full payment four week before date.
- Wedding cake - Full payment will be due with any order placed less then 12 weeks prior to due delivery or collection dat
- Payment can be made by cash or bank transfer
- All design work remains the property of The Lincoln Cake Company and we may replicate, photograph or use for any publication or promotion etc.
Cancellation policy for cakes
Should you choose to cancel an order, we will refund your payment in accordance with the following schedule:
- Up to six months notice – no further payment required.
- Less than six months to three months notice – 50% of final invoice.
- Less than three months notice – 100% of final invoice becomes due and no refunds will be given.
Hospitality & Events, Consultancy & Support
- Written details on request for each client.
- Written details supplied with quotation after an agreed consultation session.
- Non-refundable deposit required to secure a date.
- Payment required in full to reserve a place on a specific date when booking.
- We reserve the right to reschedule classes in case of illness or minimum bookings not being met.
- Once booked onto a course, if you are unable to attend you will not be refunded or be able to transfer to an alternative course unless we can find someone else to take your place.
Important information and notices
Weather / Climate conditions - It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that the cakes will be stored and set-up in an area that is climate controlled to ensure that the cake remains intack and retains its original condition, regardless of delivery or customer collection from our premises. Extreme high temperatures and humidity due to weather conditions, and the lack of a cool environment at the appointed location, may adversely affect the condition of the cake. The Lincoln Cake Company will take every step possible to ensure a quality product is delivered. However we cannot be held responsible for unfavourable conditions at the cake's destination.
Cake Table - you are responsible for ensuring that there is a cake table available at time of scheduled cake delivery. If the table is to be covered, it must be prepared before the cake is set up. The table must be sucker and level and be able to support a minimum of 50 pounds. Once the cake is set up and photographed from all angles it is no longer the responsibility of the Lincoln Cake Company. We cannot be held responsible for tables provided by the customer that fail to support the weight of the cake, or any problems / damages that may occur if the cake is moved after delivery.
Allergens Disclaimer - The Lincoln Cake Company cannot ensure any of our products are free of allergens and would advise you discuss this with us prior to placing an order. We use nuts in our kitchen, so unfortunately we cannot guarantee any product to be-nut free.
We are not responsible for damage caused by foreign objects such as candles, sparklers, flowers or any other decorations that are placed in or on our products once delivered or collection.
Collections - We are not responsible for any product once leaving or being transported from us to your destination.
- Our kitchen is fully registered with the local authorities.
- We hold consultations to discuss all aspects of your cake by prior appointment only.
Dawn Hickman trading as The Lincoln Cake Company: Binbrook Lodge, 4 Cadwell Close, Doddington Park, Lincoln, LN6 0RJ